Proper maintenance of trailer parts is the most important thing after you are done with the setting up of the trailer. You should never treat these as an afterthought as it is only through them that your boat or truck becomes roadworthy. One more thing that you should keep in mind is that you should not compare driving you car or truck with that of towing this. The following are some of the tips just to ensure that these always remain in the top condition.
• Inspect suspension – You should check the suspensions properly. You can look for the wears and wears and tears of heat cracks on the air springs. You should properly see if anything is interfering with the movement. Apart from that, you should also see to it whether the air springs have sufficient air pressure.
• Check tire – The tires are one of the major expenses and that is why you must take good care of the same. Adequate air pressure is the key to the longevity of the tires. The drivers get very busy when they are out on the road. That is why you should opt for tire pressure monitoring while the vehicle is not being used. This will make sure that the tire pressure remains adequate whenever you are preparing to go out. You should also check the auxiliary power fuse, whether the system pressure is set correctly or not and the position of the system shut-off valve.
• Always be careful about the brakes – Taking proper care of the brakes is absolutely necessary as this is one of the major parts that if fails to work correctly can be fatal. Try To measure the drums just to make sure that there is enough left for the next time you hit the road.
• Lubrication is a must – The correct lubrication is essential for the proper operation of this. Grease mainly is of three types. These performance rating, thickening systems, as well as the grade, all play a significant part in selecting the right grease. Purge the old grease with the new one in the proper manner so that the parts can work correctly.
• Lighting it up is essential – Light that does not operate is the red flag for inviting someone for a roadside inspection. Corrosion is the staunchest enemy of any vehicle. So you should put a close eye on the lamps, the harness systems and the wires. You should put regular grease on the points of any link for the proper mobility of the vehicle.